The Youth Advisory Board (YAB) is a group comprised of talented young leaders, ages 14-21, who join BREATHE’s efforts in education, policy, advocacy, and research. YAB members meet with BREATHE staff and Board of Directors monthly to contribute their voices to BREATHE’s clean air, lung health, and tobacco prevention projects.
- Speaking on behalf of Breathe programs to the media and at events
- Building new partnerships between Breathe California and their school and community
- Taking part in creative fundraisers
- Advocating for clean air and lung health policy
- Strengthening leadership skills and utilizing these skills in planning meetings and events
- Working with the Breathe California Board of Directors and staff on issues that impact our mission and vision of clean air, healthy lungs and a tobacco-free future
- Making our community a healthier place to live
Interested in Joining?
Applications are accepted each year in the summer. If you are interested in joining the 2016-17 Youth Advisory Board, please submit an application by August 5, 2016 to Katie Cox, Youth Programs Manager via email at email@example.com or by mail:
Breathe California of Sacramento-Emigrant Trails
Attn. Selection Committee c/o Katie Cox
909 12th Street, Suite 100
Sacramento, CA 95814
Contact Katie Cox by phone at 916 444 5900 ext. 213 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.