Full job description
The Youth Advisory Board is a leadership opportunity for students to utilize and further develop management, public speaking, and other professional skills. Through active participation by its members the Youth Advisory Board: Expands Youth Involvement to enhance our goals of clean air, healthy lungs, and the elimination of lung disease.
The Youth Advisory Board will represent Northern California youth and will increase youth involvement in all areas of our organization.
- Be between the ages of 14 and 21 years old
- Maintain a GPA of at least 3.0
- Attend monthly Youth Advisory Board meetings which include an orientation meeting and a joint meeting with the Breathe California of Sacramento-Emigrant Trails Board of Directors. Meetings will be held between August 2015 and May 2016
- Be able to provide your own transportation to and from Youth Advisory Board Meetings and activities/events
- Represent Breathe as a non-smoker
Serve as ambassadors to schools/community
- Support the inclusion of mission-based programs on respective school campuses
- Create awareness of our mission, programs and goals among peers and the community in general
Carry out the “youth voice” for our youth programs
- Serve as spokespersons for youth programs
- Attend program meetings in which the member is an active participant (ie. Thumbs Up! Thumbs Down!)
- Have the opportunity to assist with special events/fundraisers
- Work with the Board of Directors and Breathe California of Sacramento-Emigrant Trails Staff on programs and event development, advocacy, outreach/ networking, and all other areas that impact our mission
Serve on a YAB Committee
- Must serve on one committee (can serve on more than one)
- Attend and actively participate in committee meetings
- Actively participate in planning committee activities
Contribute to Breathe Programs/Events
- Commit to 5 specific program/event actions
Interested in Joining?
Applications are accepted each year in the summer. If you are interested in joining the 2016-17 Youth Advisory Board, please submit an application by August 5, 2016 to Katie Cox, Youth Programs Manager via email at email@example.com or by mail:
Breathe California of Sacramento-Emigrant Trails
Attn. Selection Committee c/o Katie Cox
909 12th Street, Suite 100
Sacramento, CA 95814
Contact Katie Cox by phone at 916 444 5900 ext. 213 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.