Clean Air Awards at Breathe Fest
#MyCleanAirPledge High School Art Contest Rules
The 2018 Breathe Fest event will host our 11th annual High School Art Contest. The contest is open to students in grades 9-12 in public, private or home schools in Sacramento and surrounding counties. Due to space constraints all artwork must be submitted digitally. Only finalists will be asked to submit physical pieces.
How will you contribute to Clean Air in Sacramento? Make a pledge through your artwork. For example, pledging to:
- Ride your bike more often
- Learn about electric vehicles
- Plant trees
- Shop local
- Take Regional Transit
- Or recycle food waste
This Year’s Categories and Details
- Photography: Entries must be framed and ready to hang with an overall size of not to exceed 11” x 14”. Entries may not include copyrighted assets or imagery.
- 2-D Fine Arts: All media accepted. Entries must be ready to hang.
- 3-D Ceramics, Glass, and Sculpture: Reused/recycled materials are encouraged. Entries may not be more than 16″ inches high, 16″ wide or weigh more than 10 lbs.
- Graphic Design: Entries must be no larger than 8 ½” x 11″.
- Repurposed Materials: Recycled, reclaimed, reinvented materials. Entries may not be more than 16” inches high, 16” wide or weigh more than 10 lbs.
Entries will be judged by local artists in the above categories on their creativity, originality, clarity, impact, adherence to the theme and overall appeal.
- First Place Winner in each category will receive $100.
- Each prize winner will be invited to attend the Breathe Fest in May 2018 as guests of Breathe California Sacramento Region.
- Winning art will be displayed at the event and viewed by 300+ people.
- Finalists’ artwork will also be displayed at the Crocker Art Museum during the summer of 2018, on our website, and other venues throughout the region (i.e. businesses, libraries, etc.) and will be returned by December 2018.
- Contest start: November 20, 2017
- Teacher Intent of Entry form deadline: January 26th, 2018 @ 5 PM, PDT
- Art submission deadline: March 16th, 2018 @ 5 PM, PDT
- Finalists notified: Early April
- Must be in students in grades 9-12th at a public, private, charter, or home school
- Agrees to grant Breathe California Sacramento Region the right to use their names and their entry for advertising, publicity and promotional purposes
- Agrees to abide by these contest rules and guidelines and the decisions of our judges
- Students will fill out an online entry form and with a digital image of their art.
- Students will not submit physical artwork unless directly asked to do so.
- Be suitable for family audiences, i.e. no nudity, graphic horror, slanderous words or reference to illegal drugs.
- Be the original work of the Student
- If chosen to be displayed, must be framed and ready to hang
Art must not:
- Include any inappropriate or copyrighted music, imagery, brands, or language
- Be used for the purposes of advertisement, marketing, political action, or presentation of content not appropriate for a family audience.
Digital images of art must:
- Not be larger than 1080 pixels on any side
- Not be larger than 10mb in size
- Be in .jpeg format
- Be named with the last name and first name of the artist (e.g: SmithJohn.jpeg)
How to Submit Your Art
- Students will submit their art by visiting sacbreathe.org/breathefest/contest/submit
- Art must be submitted before the deadline
Questions About the Art Contest
Contact Darin E. Reyes by phone at 916 444 5900 ext. 212 or via email at email@example.com.